A few weeks ago a friend asked me to help her make a card that she had seen on Pinterest….and I was happy to do it because I got to play with two new stamps sets that I had been wanting to use: Little Ladybug and Music from the Heart. These are the two stamp sets.
I used the music staff and Clef sign, from the Music from My Heart Stamp Set and instead of using the notes from the same set, I used the tiny little ladybugs that are in the top left corner from the Little Ladybug Stamp Set instead.
Who knew that notes could look so cute?? And if you can read music, sing, or play an instrument, you would be able to see that the ladybug notes are on the staff as the actual music to the Happy Birthday song. How ingenious is that? I wish I could take credit for this, but several other people already beat me to it, so I just CAS’ed the card. (Copy And Share) and made a few changes.
Because the Little Ladybug Stamp set is a “red rubber” set, you can’t see the exact spot where you are stamping like you can with photopolymer stamps (which are clear). So we had to use a technique that uses the Stamperatus and stamping on vellum to get our notes in the correct spot on the musical staff. You can use this same technique to get a good placement for any of your red rubber stamps. Here are the simple steps.
- Place a piece of vellum on the stamparatus and hold in place with a magnet.
- Place the stamp on the velum and pick it up with the plate.
- Ink the stamp with black ink.
- Slide the cardstock that you want to stamp on underneath the velum and move it around until it is in the correct spot where you want to stamp, then place a magnet on the cardstock.
- Move the velum out of the way. Ink up your stamp and then stamp the image.
The Little Lady Bug is a special Hostess Stamp set that is only available if you place an order of $300 or if you have host a group of friends and their orders total $300.00. So if you’d like to book a stamping party to get this set, please contact me!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Little Ladybug Stamp Set
- Music from the Heart Stamp Set
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- Read Red Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 5” x 3 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 4 7/8” x 3 5/8” and a piece cut 5 1/4” x 4” (inside)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento and Real Red
- Stampin’ Blends: Real Red Dark and Petal Pink
- Adhesive: Snail or Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals
Let me know if you tried this….and I would love to see to see your creations! Please share a picture in the comments below!
Ready to shop? If you would like to place an order or check out products for more information, please click on the shopping cart and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store.
If you don’t already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! I can answer any questions, or help you choose supplies for your projects. If your order is less than $150, please use my February Host Code 7G2AFDBA and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted during check-out.
If you place an of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of February, you qualify for a FREE item from the 2020 Saleabration Catalog plus, I will send you a package of Real Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. And you will qualify for THREE FREE (50 item) or TWO FREE (one 50 and one 100) items from the 2020 Saleabration Catalog Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your Real Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels from me!
If you need help placing an order, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help!
These are the products that I used to make today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up Online Store where you can make a purchase or get more product information.