With just a week until Christmas it’s time to pull out some fast and easy gifts — gift card holders! You can’t just hand someone a gift card, you must put it in something and a gift card holder is just the ticket. I don’t usually like to give gift cards to people I know well, I’d rather buy something that I know they want (or at least think they want). But let’s face it, sometimes we just have no clue….or maybe it’s someone you don’t know well, but you want to give them a little gift. A gift card to a coffee shop is usually always welcome, so with that in mind, I pulled out the Cup of Christmas Stamp Set to see what I could use.
The “Cup of Cheer” sentiment seemed just about right….and for a little decoration, the tiny leaves die tucked inside the coffee cup on the die set seemed like a good embellishment to add.
The inside has a place for a “To and From” (that stamp is from the Memories of Home Stamp Set) but you could also just stamp a simple Christmas sentiment on it too, or a handwritten note. And of course, you can see the spot where the gift card will just slide right in.
Giving the outside a little decoration or bling makes it feel more special. I added the tiny leaves that I die cut from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. But I thought it needed a little something more, so I added a few Shaded Spruce sprigs too.
One of the best parts of making these gift cards is that you can make TWO of them from one sheet of cardstock….so go ahead and make two so you’ll be ready for that one last gift you forgot! And make sure that you only put adhesive on the top quarter of the circle when adhering it to the card. You do not want to adhere it to the entire front of the card or you won’t be able to open the card to get the gift card out!
This is what you will need:
- Cup of Christmas Stamp Set (sentiment) & Memories of Home Stamp Set (To/From)
- Punches: 2” Circle, Sprig, and Detailed Trio (optional – round corners)
- Dies: Stitched Shapes and Cup of Cheer
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock – Cut 3 ½” x 8 ½”; Score and fold at 2” and 6” and a piece to punch 2” circle and scrap for 2 leaves
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock – Cut 3 ¼ “ x 1 ¾” (top), Cut 3 ¼” x 2 ¼” (bottom), plus a scrap for 2 sprigs
- Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 ⅛” x 1 ⅝” (top) and cut 3 18” x 2 ⅛” (bottom)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 ¼” x 1 ¾” (inside flap) and scrap for Stitched Shapes Circle
- Ink: Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobber
- Adhesive: Tear & Tape (adhere bottom half fold – put on the sides only!!), Snail or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots
- ⅜” Cherry Cobbler Diagonal Striped Ribbon – about 12”
- Optional – small Velcro dots or magnets to hold down flap
Do you need gift cards for a crafty friend? I have the perfect solution! A Stampin’ Up! Gift Card! Gift cards can be used to purchase Stampin’ Up! products or can be applied towards the cost of one of my classes or workshops. The Gift cards can be purchased in any amount starting at $10.00. This gift card is not from Stampin’ Up! You would have to purchase through me. This offer is only good for those residing in the USA. If you would like to purchase a gift card, please fill out the information below. I will invoice you for the payment and send you a printable gift card.
Ready to shop? If you would like to place an order or check out products for more information, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store. If you don’t already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! I can answer any questions, or help you choose supplies for your projects. If your order is less than $150, please use my December Host Code HGU6DJ6E and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted during check-out.
If you place an of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of November, I’ll send you a package of Jingle Bell embellishments as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your Jingle Bell Embellishments from me.
These are the products I used to make today’s card. Click on any of the images to be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store where you can get more information and purchase the items you need.