The new 2019 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog debuted this week. It’s chock full of holiday items for Halloween, Thanksgiving and of course my favorite time of year….Christmas! As a demonstrator, I was able to see (and order) items from the catalog in advance and I’ve been busy (or at least trying to be busy…..) making cards and projects for my upcoming classes.
To me “Holiday” is an excuse to gather together….whether it’s family or just friends. So it makes sense that this is my first card:
I used the appropriately named Gather Together Stamp Set and the coordinating Gathered Leaves Dies. If you purchase both the stamp set and the dies, you can purchase it as a bundle and save 10%!
Did you notice the three solid leaf dies? Those are my favorite. Not only do they cut the leaves out….but they also emboss them too! Below you can see the raised up veins in the leaves. So with one simple step, you not only cut the leaf shape, you also emboss at the same time!
I just may have gone on a cutting frenzy and made my own little pile of leaves. Best part? I didn’t have to rake to get that pile! But I am ready to make a few more cards!
I also did a little bit of sponging on the sentiment piece and on the inside of my card to add a little more definition and make it not so “plain”. By sponging, I mean that I took a small wedge of a Stamping Sponge tapped it a few times on my ink pad and then lightly brushed the edges of the cardstock.
I also used that same technique on the small rectangle on the front of the card to darken it up a bit.
If you would like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Gather Together Stamp Set
- Gathered Leaves Dies
- Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”. Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- Soft Suede Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”. Emboss with Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder
- Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut 3 1/4” x 1 3/4” (optional – use the Rectangle Stitched Dies)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – Cut 2” x 1 1/4”. Notch the ends by making a tiny slit in the middle of the short side and then cutting at an angle from the outside corner. Sponge the edges with ink. Also cut a piece 5 1/4” x 4” (inside of card)
- Scraps of the following Cardstock for the leaves: Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Crumb Cake
- Ink: Soft Suede and Early Espresso (sponging)
- Burlap Ribbon – separate two of the strands to make a bow.
- Snail Adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Glue Dots
- Stamping Sponge (Cut into wedge)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (small rectangle, Sentiment piece)
If you haven’t had a chance yet to look through the new Holiday catalog, click here: 2019 Stampin’ Up Holiday Catalog and take a look!
Happy Reading….and Happy Stamping!
Ready to shop? If you’ve looked at the new catalog, I know you’ll have a list of at least a few things that you might like to purchase. If you don’t already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! I can answer any questions, or help you choose supplies for your projects. Not sure about a technique or need help? I’m ready to help.
If you would like to place an order or check out products for more information, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store. If your order is less than $150, please use the Host Code below and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted during check-out. If you place an of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of September, I’ll send you a package of the new Black Stampin’ Dimensionals as a thank you from me!
If you’re order is $150 or more, please don’t use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive the new Black Stampin’ Dimensionals from me!
Need another good reason to shop? FREE PAPER!
For a limited time only – September 4-30th, Buy any 3 Designer Series Paper and get 1 FREE. You can purchase your choice of any of the papers listed below….any combination or buy 3 of the same…then choose which one you’d like for FREE!
Below are the items that I used for today’s card. Click on any of the items and you’ll be taken to my online store for more information.