Let’s Stay Up Late and Craft…..this is my mantra just about every night. I am definitely a “night person” and when everything is quiet and it’s late at night….that is when my creativity kicks in. So I start stamping….and cutting….and trying new ideas…..and pretty soon it is the wee hours of the morning. My desk is a mess….and somewhere in the mayhem is this:
Let’s stay up late and craft. Pretty much sums up my life.
The stamp set I used for this card is the It Starts With Art Stamp Set. Lots of fun images – a spool of ribbon, pens, pencils and paintbrushes, ink/paint bottles, buttons, clips, a few sentiments and a border image.
You could fussy cut all these out….but why? There is a coordinating set of dies called Arts and Crafts Dies that easily cuts out the stamped images. And there are several other dies that will cut out other shapes.
How about these three different borders – ribbon, lace and buttons. I used the button border on this card. I love the added stitching around the edges.
But there is more fun to be had….check out the Button Button Embossing Folder. It makes a great background. It’s a little hard to see on the embossing folder, so look at the card to see all the details!
Did I mention the Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper? If you have a crafty friend, this is great to use for a card…no matter if they are paper crafters, sewers or quilters, or like to paint and draw, this paper cover’s everything.
Now that you’ve seen all the fun things you can add to your card….don’t you want to make it yourself? This is what you’ll need:
- It Starts With Art Stamp Set
- Buttons Buttons Embossing Folder
- Arts and Crafts Dies
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- Coastal Cabana Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” – emboss with Button Button Embossing Folder; and a piece cut 2 5/8” x 3 3/8”
- Follower Your Art Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 3/4” x 4 1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 1/2” x 3 1/4”; and a piece cut 5 1/4” x 4” (for inside of card)
- Scraps of the following Cardstock – Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry (for buttons, border, bottle)
- Ink: Bermuda Bay
- Stampin Blends: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Pool Party
- Follow Your Art Embellishment Kit (Calypso Coral Linen Thread)
And just for fun….add a few buttons to the inside of your card.
Hope you’ll give this a try! Send me a picture in the comments!
These are the products I used for this card. If you need supplies to make a card of your own, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online store where you can find all these products and more!
And don’t forget to use my AUGUST Host Code above when you place an order of less than $150.00. If your order is more than $150.00, do not use the host code as you will receive Stamping’ Rewards of your own! Stampin’ Rewards start at $15.00! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and paper crafting!