Do you have an answer to my question? When is a Daisy, not a Daisy? The answer is pretty simple….when it’s made with Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock! let me just show you.
The flower on this card is made using the Large and the Medium Daisy punch. But I don’t think it looks like a typical daisy. It looks a little “fancy-shmancy” as my husband would say. Here is the entire card.
The beautiful paper used on this card is from the Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper.This picture really doesn’t do the paper justice. The colors are soft and muted and some look like they are copies of Monet’s paintings. Because the colors are so soft, it made sense to use the Perennial Essence Vellum papers to make the flower and the leaves that were used on the front of the card.
The Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock comes in three colors – Old Olive, So Saffron and Petal Pink. I used the Petal Pink Vellum along with some plain vellum to punch out the daisy petals with both the large and the medium Daisy punches. I added a few leaves that were punched with the leaf punch.
I also used one more punch….the Triple Banner Punch to make the middle piece that is notched on both ends.
There is minimal stamping as the paper does all the work to make this a stunning card. In no time at all, the card was finished!.
If you’d like to try this card, this is what you will need:
- Daisy Lane Stamp set (sentiment)
- Large Daisy Punch
- Medium Daisy Punch
- Triple Banner Punch (or just use Paper Snips to notch the ends)
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock – Cut 2” x 5” and a piece cut 1” x 5”
- Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper – Cut 1 7/8” x 4 7/8”
- Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock – Petal Pink cut 3” x 3” (1 large daisy) and 2” x 2” (1 small daisy). Old Olive cut 1 3/4” x 7 1/2” (4 leaf pieces)
- Vellum Cardstock – Cut 3” x 3” (1 large Daisy) and 2” x 2” (1 small daisy)
- Clear of Gold Faceted Gems (flower center)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (to adhere vellum flowers & leaves)
- SNAIL adhesive
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss
I’ve been on an “make my envelope pretty” kick lately. After all if you’re sending happy mail…why not make the outside as pretty as the inside! And it’s a great way to use up some smaller scraps. You just need a piece at least 2 1/2” x 6” to adhere to the envelope flap with your Multipurpose Liquid glue (just a little goes a long way!).
Try this card with your favorite DSP and show me what you made!
TODAY IS THE DEADLINE TO EARN YOUR BONUS DAYS COUPON!
PLACE YOUR ORDER TODAY TO GET YOUR $5 COUPON CODE!
During the month of July for every $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5.00 Bonus Coupon that you can redeem August 1-31st! And….there is NO LIMIT to the number of coupons that you can earn….so shop all month long! Your bonus coupon codes will be emailed to you…so make your your email address in your order is correct! And don’t lose that email (Print it out and put it in a safe place!) as the coupon codes will only be sent once!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
YOU HAVE UNTIL AUGUST 31st to JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! During July and August you can join Stamp in’ Up! and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews of the new 2019 Holiday Catalog and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
HAVE QUESTIONS?? CONTACT ME TODAY
LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!
These are the products I used for this card. If you need supplies to make a card of your own, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online store where you can find all these products and more! And don’t forget to use my July Host Code above when you place an order of less than $150.00. If your order is more than $150.00, do not use the host code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own! Stampin’ Rewards start at $15.00! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and paper crafting!
1 thought on “When is a Daisy, not a Daisy?”
Lovely flower !