It’s Springtime….beginning of summer. And at my house (at least before I left on my trip), there were birds singing in the trees. Right now I am writing this from Seoul, South Korea and I’m in them middle of the city….so although there are trees lining the streets, I haven’t seen or heard any birds in my walks around the city. When I visited 3 years ago there were cherry blossom trees blooming and they remind me of today’s card.
These little birdies are so sweet!….reminds me of baby birds out the nest….waiting in line for their first flight!
Today I am sharing another one of my favorite stamp sets from the new Stampin’ Up 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, the FREE AS A BIRD stamp set. Besides the birds on a branch that I chose, there are also several other bird and flower images and great sentiments.
Alone it can make beautiful cards, but pairing it with the BIRD BALLAD DESIGNER SERIES PAPER makes it even better! If you don’t feel like stamping, you can fussy cut images straight from the paper!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Free as a Bird Stamp Set
- Stitched Nested Label Dies
- Pool Party Twine (Retired) (Hint: Use Pool Party Stampin’ Blend on Whisper White Twine)
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black and Pool Party
- Stampin’ Blends – Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow
- Wink of Stella – flowers
- Base: Pool Party Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” ; Score and Fold at 4 ¼”
- 1st Layer: Petal Pink Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- 2nd Layer: Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – Cut 5” x 3 ¾”
- 3rd Layer: Pool Party Cardstock – Cut 4 ⅛” x 2 ½”
- 4th Layer: Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 ⅞” x 2 ¼”
- Sentiment: Smallest Nested Label Die, Adhered to scrap of Pool Party and fussy cut
- Whisper White – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper: ¼” x 5 ¼”
Hope you liked this card….now it’s your turn to stamp! Hope you’ll share what you make in the comments below!
The 2019-2020 Catalog is here! It’s loaded with lots of new stamp sets, dies, punches, ribbons, embellishments and more! Now is the time to make your wish list of what you’d like to purchase in the coming year. No need to get everything at once…Pick your favorite, place an order and start creating! Click on the link below and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store where you can browse and choose your favorites. If you’d like to place an order, I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and help you bring out your creative side!
If your order is less than $150.00, please use the HOST CODE: J4JGYFM3 when prompted during check out. If your order is more than $150, do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ rewards of your own! Rewards start at $15.00 (10% of your product order total).
These are the products that I used for today’s card. Remember that you can click on any item and it will take you right to my Stampin’ Up! Online store where you’ll find more information about the product. (Please note: the picture & price of the Whisper White Baker’s Twine is not correct, The correct price is $3.50 and it comes on a small spool, not a flat package. The link will however take you to the correct item! – I’m working on getting this corrected!)