Earlier this week, I promised I’d be back to share some more “traveling” cards. So today I am sharing two more cards….same basic design, a slight change in colors. In a few weeks I’ll be off on an adventure…..my husband is going on a business trip to South Korea and I’m going too! He’ll be working…and I’m getting a chance to visit my youngest daughter who lives in Seoul. So this is the perfect card (for me!), but I’m sure I can find someone to send it to….
I used the En Route Stamp Set and the coordinating Maps, Etc. Embossing Folder to make this card.
There are lots of great little stamps, plus some fun sentiments too. And the embossed cardstock adds a nice little detail to the bright Mango Melody Cardstock. You can see the embossing a little better in the picture below….kind of reminds me of an astrologers star chart:
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- En Route Stamp Set
- Maps, Etc. Textured Dynamic Embossing Folder
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Score at 4 1/4”
- Mango Melody Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Best Route Designer Series Paper – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” – then measure down from the top 1 1/4” on the right hand side and measure up from the bottom 1 1/4” on the left side. Cut on an angle connecting those points. Place the angled edge at the top of your trimmer and cut at 3 1/2” to make the point. Also cut another piece 1/2” x 4” (inside of card)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” (inside of card) and a piece cut 1/2” x 2 1/2” (or use smallest Rectangle Stitched Framelit Die), plus scraps for circles
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock – Cut 3/4” x 2 3/4” (or use second smallest Rectangle Stitched Framelit Die, plus scraps for circles
- Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Pineapple Punch and Mango Melody
- 3/4” Circle Punch
- 1” Circle Punch
- 1/8” Blueberry Bushel Grosgrain Ribbon
- Snail Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals
And because I had the other half on the Designer Series Paper that I cut on an angle, I made another card using Pineapple Punch cardstock for the card base and Blueberry Bushel cardstock for the embossed piece. I also had to flip the design….if I didn’t do that the airplanes would be flying straight down….not something you’d want a plane you are on to do.
Did you notice that I didn’t cut the extra piece off to make it pointed? Just forgot to do that before I adhered the piece onto the card. And each card has a small strip of airplanes flying on the inside too!
This stamp set and embossing folder will be retiring on June 3rd, so it will only be available for a few more weeks. I’ve included a link below to all of the retiring items. Don’t forget to check it out and place an order for your favorites before they are gone….many items are only available while supplies last!
June 3rd is the last day to purchase retiring items from the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog and 2019 Occasions Catalog! Several of the products I used in this card are retiring…the En Route Stamp Set and the Maps, Etc. Dynamic Texture Embossing Folder. These and other items are only available while supplies last….so don’t delay! You can check out all the retiring items by clicking on the Last Chance Products below:
Thank you for shopping with me and choosing me to be your demonstrator! I appreciate your business. If you need help placing an order or need help choosing which products you need for your projects, please let me know and I’ll be glad to help you. And don’t forget….please use the following HOST CODE when prompted during check-out:If you are making a purchase of less than $150, please use my HOST CODE: 9ZNCTJES when prompted during check-out.
If your order is $150 or more, do not use the Host Code as you will recieve your own Stampin’ Rewards. Rewards start at $15 (10% of your purchase).
These are the products used to make the cards I shared in this post. Click on any item to be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store.