I saw this definition of Spring the other day….SPRING: A lovely reminder of how beautiful change can be. So while this definiation is more about flowers and plants blooming back to life after a long winter, it also applies to other parts of our lives. Change can be good especially when it brings new and exciting things! Today I’ll be sharing some important information from Stampin’ Up about changes that will be happening over the next few months. Earlier this week, Stampin Up announced that BIG changes are coming….all starting June 3rd!
- The Big Shot will be retired and replaced by a new and improved die and cutting system.
- The way the dies and embossing folders are made will be changed, so the ones in the current catalog will be replaced with new and improved versions. The old dies and folders will still work in the new system, so no worries there!
- The current paper trimmer will be retired and there will be a NEW and IMPROVED Paper Trimmer
- They are still working on the replacements for both items, so the PAPER TRIMMER and BIG SHOT (and their accessories) WILL NOT be in the new 2019-2020 Annual catalog that is coming out in June.
These are the important things that you need to know:
- There will be a gap in time between when the Big Shot and the Stampin’ Trimmer retire with the current catalog (or sell out) and when the new products are available
- If you need to stock up on some Stampin’ Trimmer supplies, do that soon. They have ordered what they hope to be a 6 month supply of trimmer blades, but they could go quickly and they will only be available while supplies last.
- There will be a new style of dies and embossing folders in the new 2019-2020 catalog!! They will still work with your current die machine.
- Dies, embossing folders and the trimmer blades, mats and scoring replacements COULD sell out quickly, so SHOP EARLY and don’t wait for the retiring list on Monday, April 15th to place your order if you have had your eye on any of the current dies or folders!
So LOTS of changes! But change is good and will lead to more beautiful things to come!
In the meantime….lets have a little ray of sunshine and happiness using the Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper.
Isn’t this nice and bright and cheery? Who wouldn’t love to get this card in the mail? The big flower was made using the Daisy Punch using two layers….one punched from Calypso Coral Cardstock and the other punched from the Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper and completed with 1/2” circle dot in the center. I used my bone folder to do a little “curling” of the petals so it will pop off the card. It’s all about texture that makes this card from being simple to more “wow”.
And just for good measure, I cut out a little flower and placed it in the corner of the inside of my card….spreading more happiness.
If you’d like to make this card, these are the supplies you’ll need:
- Calypso Coral Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Scored at 4 1/4”, plus a scrap to punch one daisy
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” (cut two – one for inside, one for outside), plus a scrap for stitched oval
- Pineapple Punch Cardstock – Cut 2” x 4” (embossed)
- Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper – Cut 2” x 4”, plus a scrap to punch one daisy)
- Daisy Punch and 1/2” Circle Punch
- Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies (for oval)
- Calypso Coral 1/4” Satin Ribbon
- Snail Adhesive & Stampin’ Dimensionals
THE BIG SHOT AND PAPER TRIMMER ARE RETIRING – Don’t forget that if you need replacement parts or accessories for the Big Shot or Paper Trimmer to order them now while supplies are available.
PRODUCT LIST – These are the products I used for this project. If you’d like to place an order for any supplies you need to make this card or other projects, please click on the item below and it will take you right to my Online Stampin’ Up Store. I would love to be your demonstrator and help you with your creative projects.
2 thoughts on “Still Blooming with Happiness”