I first saw a card made with these little froggies back in November when Lisa Hardie (www.sweetpaperstudios.com) demonstrated the stamp set So Hoppy Together at Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage Convention in Orlando, Florida. And I’ve been wanting to make a similar card ever since I got the stamp set. Here is my version of the card:
Here are the other fun images in the stamp set.
This stamp set is another one of the stamp sets that is only available through the special Sale-A-Bration event. If you purchase $50 work of Stampin’ Up! products, you can pick this stamp set as your FREE item. It’s just by coincidence that Stampin’ Up has paper that has little frogs on it….that background paper is part of the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper….see it there on the bottom row? Perfect for this card.
Wondering how I got the two frogs so close together without any extra lines? I used a technique called “masking”. This is how I did it:
- Stamp the “lady frog on your card piece
- On a scrap piece of cardstock, stamp and then fussy cut the “lady” frog image
- Place the the fussy cut frog over top of the stamped frog
- Stamp the “man” frog next to the “lady frog”. It will overlap the “lady” frog
- See the stamped lines on the cut out piece?
- Remove the fussy cut “lady” frog and if needed use a black marker to fill in any missing lines (like the “man” frog’s foot.
I bet you want to make this card now! This is what you’ll need:
- So Hoppy Together Stamp Set
- All My Love Stamp Set (heart)
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11” ; Scored at 5 1/2”, plus one piece cut 3” x 3 1/4”
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4, and one piece cut 2 7/8” x 3 1/8”
- Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 3/4” x 5” and a strip cut 1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 3/4” x 3” and a piece cut 5 1/4” x 4” (inside)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Real Red
- Stampin Blends Markers: Granny Apple Green Light & Dark
- Stamp ‘n Write Markers: Real Red (lips) and Black (Eyelashes)
- Granny Apple Green 1/2” Textured Weave Ribbon
- Snail Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Now that you know a little about masking…it’s your turn to try it! I’d love to see what you do…so post a picture in the comments!
At the convention when this stamp set was being demonstrated, 5,000+ women were howling with laughter….How did that happen? Well, just click on THIS LINK and watch the video on Lisa Hardie’s blog post and see what happened. It all has to do with hand placement.
ARE YOU READY TO SHOP? If you need supplies – paper, inks, ribbons, stamp sets and more…..or would like to join as a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, then please click below and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up online store. I would love to be your Demonstrator and help you to create! Just choose me as your demonstrator when prompted. Not sure how to start? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the right products for the cards or projects you’d like to make and even place your order for you! And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: WM9D7EFU when checking out if your order is less than $150 and I will send you a small thank-you gift! If your order is over $150, do NOT use the host code as you will get your own stampin’ rewards (minimum of $15).
Want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? During Sale-A-Bration which runs through March 31st, for every $50 you spend on Stampin’ Up Products, you can choose from a variety of stamp sets, embellishments, paper and even a set of Framelits and a card kit! All these can be found in the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Go shopping and then choose your favorite FREE item!
2 thoughts on “Let’s Hop Right On It”
How can i buy the stamp now
Hi Dorothy….Sorry for the delay in answering you. This stamp set is retired, but I could try and find someone who might like to sell theirs. You could also try E-Bay or there are some Facebook pages where you can ask if anyone has the set and would like to sell.