Do you love surprises?? I do! Especially when it comes inside a present. Did you know you can make a card that looks like a present and then hide a gift inside? How about a card like this? Usually I’m just expecting to open the card and see a familiar signature wishing me happy thoughts. But this card has a surprise inside!
What do you think is inside? It looks like a present….so it should be some kind of present….right? Well it is!
It’s a gift card holder! Happy surprise!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – Cut 4” x 11”, Score at 4”, 5 1/2” and 7”
- Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper (Candy Cane Stripe) – Cut 3 3/4” x 3 3/4” (outside) and Cut 1 3/4” x 4” (inside)
- Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper (Red w/ Candy Canes) – Cut 3 3/4” x 3 3/4” (inside)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 3/4” x 3 3/4”, plus scrap for candy cane & bow
- Half Full Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Poppy Parade 5/8” ribbon
- Velcro Dot (to hold card closed)
You can see in this picture that the “lid” to the card is like a little tent that is attached to the top of the card, and that the ribbon on the “lid” should line up with the ribbon on the card….because that’s just how a real present would look.
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 4”, Score at 2” on the 4” side
- Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper – Cut 4” x 3 3/4”, Score at 2” on the 4” side
- Poppy Parade 5/8” ribbon – bow for front. Attach with a glue dot.
And here are a few directions in case you were wondering how to make the gift card stand up in the middle.
- After you’ve scored the card base, fold and use your bone folder to crease well.
- Fold the card in half and then fold the other two to form a “tab” in the middle for the gift card.
- Place a single strip of Tear ‘n Tape on the bottom where the two folds meet (this is to hold it together).
- Using your gift card as a measure of where to cut the opening on the tab to slide in the gift card. If you have an Everyday Labels punch, you can use that to cut your opening. I don’t have one, so I used a large layering oval die to mark a line and then I just cut with scissors.
I hope you’ll try this yourself! And if you do, please post a picture in the comments so I can see!
Need Supplies? Click on the image below (or the shopping card image in the sidebar) and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up! shopping site. If you don’t already have a demonstrator….I would love to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator when checking out. If your order is less than $150, please use the HOST CODE (SWEDPGDF) and I will send you a small thank you gift for ordering with me. If your order is more than $150….DO NOT use the Host Code as you will receive your own Stampin’ Rewards with your order.
On January 2nd, the new Occasions Catalog will be out….and Sale-A-Bration begins! Lots of new stamp sets and papers, ribbons….so much goodness packed into this catalog. And Sale-A-Bration means that for every $50 you spend, you can get FREE stuff!!
End of the Year Close-Out Sale is going on now! And it’s only while supplies last! The last day to order items from the 2018 Holiday Catalog is December 31st. Some of the items are retiring….and won’t be available again while others will carry over into the next catalog. Items that are bundled in the Holiday catalog (means you save 10%) will NOT be bundled if they carry over, so if you want to save a little…..get those items now.