Gift cards can be a great way to give a friends a small gift. Gift cards come in just about any denomination, so if you want to give something small this is a perfect way to do it. I know that gift cards can be given a bad “wrap” because it seems like an easy way out in buying a gift, but I personally like having them in my wallet. I don’t carry cash much any more…if any…and it’s sometimes nice to be able to treat myself when I don’t want to get out my credit card to buy that cookie at Panera. Those raspberry thumbprint cookies are yummy!
So how about snazzing up your gift card giving? You can “wrap” your gift card by making your own gift card holder!
Making a gift card holder is quick and easy…..plus it doesn’t take a lot of supplies and gives your gift a more personal touch. All you need is a little bit of cardstock, some scraps of your favorite Designer Series Paper and then embellish with whatever you have on hand. You can make it as plain….or fancy….as you want. I always have extra pieces of ribbon, and embellishments from other projects, so this is a great way of those up. Then just punch or cut out a few circles or ovals and stamp with your favorite sentiment. What could be easier? I’ve made a few Christmas ones with left over supplies from the Sincerely Santa Tag Kit. These are all the supplies that come with the kit.
The kit makes 30 tags, but I didn’t need that many….so I used the items in the kit, plus some matching cardstock and some scraps of Under the Mistletoe Designer series paper to make a my gift card holder.
I found a picture on an instagram account I follow (Meganspapercrafts) and she was nice enough to send me the directions. For this one, the gift card goes in vertical. It was perfect for this gift card as it had a bow on the side, so it looks great peaking out of the top.
This is what you will need to make one of your own.
- Real Red Cardstock – Cut 3 1/2” x 8 1/2”, Score at 2 1/2” on one end and 2” on the other end. Plus a scrap for the scalloped circle.
- Old Olive Cardstock – Cut 1” x 8 1/2” (for belly-band).
- Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 pieces – 3 1/4” x 1 3/4”, 3 1/4” x 2 1/4” and 3 1/4” x 3 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 1/4” x 1 3/4” (for inside), Plus a scrap for the circle.
- Corner Rounder (Optional) – Round bottom corner of top flap Cardstock, Designer Series Paper and Whisper White cardstock
- Sincerely Santa Tag Kit – Doily and Christmas Tree
- Sincerely Santa Stamp Set (inside To/From sentiment)
- Stitched Shapes Framelits and Layering Circles Framelits
- Snail Adhesive and Tear ‘n Tape. (Place tape on the side edges only of the 2 1/4” side of the cardstock and fold up to form the gift card pocket)
The belly band will keep the holder closed….it should just slip on and off if you follow these directions. Once you’ve completed the holder, take the 1” belly band strip and fold it around the holder. Attach the two ends together in the front where they overlap. The circles on the bellyband will hide where the ends are attached.
One of the best things about this gift card holder is the size! You can get 3 holders out of one piece of 8 1/2” x11” piece of cardstock!
Today is the final day for Stampin’ Up’s Online Extravaganza! On sale today are INKS and TOOLS.
Ready to Shop? Click on the image below (or the shopping card image n the sidebar) and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up! shopping site. If you don’t already have a demonstrator….I would love to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator when you are checking out with all your fabulous Stampin’ Up! items! Can’t decide what to choose? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the perfect stamping gifts for you to get a friend or relative ready to stamp! If your order is less than $150, please use the HOST CODE listed below and I will send you a small thank you gift for ordering with me. If your order is more than $150….DO NOT use the Host Code as you will receive your own Stampin’ Rewards with your order.