For many years I sang with a caroling group called The Joyful Tidings Caroling Company. We dressed in period costumes and sang Christmas songs for events and parties. It was a great time and I loved it because 1.) I love to sing and 2.) Christmas carols make everyone smile. One of my favorite Christmas songs songs is A Holly Jolly Christmas. You can listen to Burl Ives sing it HERE. Part of the verse is as follows:
Have a holly, jolly Christmas
And in case you didn’t hear
Oh by golly have a holly jolly Christmas…..this year!
This card I’m sharing today reminds me of that song…..it kept going through my head when I was coloring it with my Stampin’ Blends markers. As you can see I colored a lot, but that’s what happens when you are singing, you get distracted and just keep on coloring!
And here is the card.
I wish I had a the stamp that says “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas” I’m going to have to get one of those…or else I’m going to be singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas too. Also one of my Christmas favorites. OK….who am I kidding??? I love ALL Christmas songs!
These are the two stamp sets that I used. The sentiment and the small holly and berries on the tag are from the Peaceful Noel stamp set…they are the tiny stamps in the top middle. The big holly leaf that I stamped multiple times is from the Timeless Tidings Stamp Set…see it in the lower left corner?
If you’d like to make this card. Gather these supplies, put on a little Christmas music and get to work!
- Timeless Tidings Stamp Set (Large holly leaf)
- Peaceful Noel Stamp Set (sentiment & small holly)
- Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (small circle)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Scored at 4 1/4”
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 2” and a small piece for the circle tag
- Silver Glitter Washi Tape (not an SU product, found at my local craft store). A good substitute would be Silver Foil Cardstock or the Merry Merlot Glimmer paper too!)
- Stampin’ Blends: Shaded Spruce Light & Dark, Real Red Light & Dark and Dark Crumb Cake
- Ink: Memento Black, Shaded Spruce and Real Red
- 1/8” Silver Ribbon (not an SU product)
- Snail Adhesive, and a small hole punch for the tag – thread your ribbon through the hole before adhering it to your card.
Hope you enjoy your crafting time today!
NEED SUPPLIES ? Please click on the image below (or the shopping card image n the sidebar) and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up! shopping site. If you don’t already have a demonstrator….I would love to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator when you are checking out with all your fabulous Stampin’ Up! items! Can’t decide what to choose? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the perfect items for your project. If your order is less than $150, please use the HOST CODE listed below and I will send you a small thank you gift for ordering with me. If your order is more than $150….DO NOT use the Host Code as you will receive your own Stampin’ Rewards with your order.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE CARDS TOO?? I offer classes in my home each month and I would love for you to join me for some fun card making and fellowship with other crafters! All the information is on my Classes and Workshop page. You can also check out my classes (and register to attend!) on my Stampin’ Up! website. Also if you have a group of friends that you’d like to gather for a “Girl’s Night Out” or a community or church group that would like a fun activity, please contact me for more information and I will bring the fun to you!