I enjoyed playing with the Flying Home Stamp Set earlier this week and now I’m back again with more birds. The bird’s nest with the Momma and her baby birds just seem to make the best note cards….instead of tweeting on a phone or other electronic devices, I think these birds make a cute way to “tweet” hello in the mail! I’m tired of just getting junk mail…I’d much rather see something like this in my mail box.
I love that this particular stamp in the set fits perfectly in the largest of the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies. These dies have become my “go-to” when I don’t want to just stamp on the card, but want to make my sentiment or stamped design just pop out a little bit. I love the detail of the stitching around the outside.
The stitched shapes come in varying sizes of Circles, Ovals and Squares. And the best part is that they also coordinate with the Layering Circles Framelits so you can pop a pretty scalloped circle behind for an extra pop of color.
I also added a little bit of a branch to the stamped branch. I took the big branch die from the Petals & More Framelits Dies and a scrap piece of Crumbcake Cardstock and to make the branch, then I cut off a few of the branches (I used the trimmed off pieces on my second card….no waste going on here!) and then added a couple flowers. The flower stamp is from the Petal Palette stamp set and then die cut with the little flower die from the Petals and More Framelits.
And this is my second card….I like to call this the Blue Bird of Happiness….a little “hello tweet” is coming someone’s way this week!
The best part about this card is that the color possibilities are endless! If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Stamp Sets: Flying Home, Petal Palette
- Framelit Dies: Stitched Shapes, Layering Circles and Petals & More
- Base Cardstock: Whisper White Thick – Cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″; Scored at 4 1/4″
- 1st Layer: Pick your favorite color of Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4″ x 4″, plus a scrap piece for the largest Scalloped Circle from Layering Circles Framelit Dies. (I used Calypso Coral and Night of Navy for these cards)
- 2nd Layer: Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5″ x 3 3/4″. (I embossed it with a Sizzix Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, (similar to Stampin’ Up!’s Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder); plus a scrap piece for the largest Circle from Stitched Shapes Framelits and another scrap piece for the stamped flowers.
- 3rd Layer: Co-ordinating Designer Series Paper – Cut 2″ x 5″. (I used Tea Room DSP for the Calypso Coral card and Garden Impressions DSP for the Night of Navy Card)
- Crumbcake Cardstock for cut branches)
- Ink: Calypso Coral and Night of Navy
- Stampin’ Blends (Light & Dark) of the following: Coral Card: Soft Suede, Calypso Coral; Blue card: Crumb Cake and Night of Navy (light blue only)
- Burlap Ribbon, colored ribbon (about 7″ each) and twine (about 18″)
- Snail Adhesive, Tear n’ Tape (for ribbon) and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you’ll try this card and send a “tweet” to a friend or family member that you haven’t talked to in a while.
And as always….if you need supplies, check out my Stampin’ Up Online store by clicking on the link below and don’t forget to use the August Host Code when checking out. Can’t find what you need? Send me a message and I’ll help you find the perfect products for you!
What are Bonus Days? Glad you asked! During the month of August for every $50 you spend, you can earn $5! A special gift code will be emailed to you that you can redeem during the month of September! And even better….there is no limit to the number of gift codes you can earn, but you only have until August 31st!
1 thought on “Birds of a Feather Flock Together”