It’s Monday again….and time for another Mix-it-Up….combining something OLD (retired item) with something NEW (in current catalog). The very first time I saw a Stampin’ Up! catalog, I saw the Flying Home stamp set (OLD) and wanted to get it. But I hemmed and hawed and kept putting it off…until May when it was going to be retired…..ack….so I hurried up and ordered it and until now it has been sitting on my shelf. Well, time to use it! I guess you might want to see it….
I had actually stamped and colored the images, a few weeks ago, but had never put them onto cards. I was inspired by a card I had seen on Pinterest, (you can see it Here.) The card I saw was embossed with one of the Petal Pair Embossing Folder designs, but since I don’t have that, I improvised by cutting 6 of the vine/leaves from the Petals and More Thinlits dies (NEW) in the same color as my cardstock and glueing them on and voila!….I have almost the same thing! This is the die set I used:
See the little leaf vine on the left? That is what I used to make my “pretend” embossing on this card.
I love how it came out. In fact I liked it also much that I made a second card using a different image.
And then I made a third card because I didn’t want to leave that image out.
And there you have it….my trio of birds!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Flying Home Stamp Set (if you don’t have this, you’ll have to find one to borrow!)
- Petals & More Thinlits dies
- Cardstock Card #1 – Daffodil Delight – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11; Scored at 5 1/2″, Bermuda Bay – Cut 5 1/4″ x 4 plus scrap for leaf vine; Calypso Coral – Cut 3 1/4″ x 3 3/8″; Whisper White – Cut 3 1/8″ x 3 1/4″
- Cardstock Card #2 – Whisper White Thick – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11; Scored at 5 1/2″, Rich Razzleberry – Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ plus scrap for leaf vine; Pool Party – Cut 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″; Whisper White – Cut 3″ x 3″
- Cardstock Card #3 – Crumb Cake – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″; Scored at 5 1/2″ plus piece cut 3 1/8″ x 2 5/8″; Old Olive – Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ plus scrap for leaf vine; Whisper White – Cut 2 7/8″ x 2 3/8″
- Sentiments – Soft Sayings Card Kit (Just a Note), Fruit Basket (Hello) and random stamp in my stash (Thinking of You)
- Stampin’ Blends – Light & Dark of each of the following colors: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake
- 1/8″ ribbon, Burlap Ribbon (which I took apart to make the twine for the middle card above)
- Snail Adhesive and Multi-purpose Glue And Stampin’ Dimensionals
if you need supplies, click on the link below and please use the August Host Code when you are checking out.