Today is Friday and the last day of my Butterfly week. I have saved my favorite cards for last! I saw a new card technique that was posted by Randi Collins. It’s called a Sunburst card and you can read all about it and watch a video on her website: Randi’s Crafty Creations . The paper is arranged so that it looks like the rays of the sun. Here are my two cards —what do you think?
Can you tell that on one card the “rays” are a little fatter than the other? I think I like the skinner “rays” better….(I paid better attention to where I was placing them when I made the second card). You can probably see it better if the cards were side by side.
It’s probably best to watch the video to see exactly how the card is made, but I’ll do a quick summary. For this card I again used the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper. First choose four coordinating pieces of the paper and cut one 1 1 /2” x 6” strip from each piece. Then cut those strips in half diagonally leaving you with eight triangle pieces. Choose one to be your center piece and place it in the middle of the card and then add the other pieces on either side. Cut off the excess paper, but don’t throw it away yet…. you’ll use the scrap pieces for the end slivers, If you watched her Sunburst Card Video you’ll know what I am talking about!
This is what you’ll need to make my cards:
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”; Scored at 5 1/
- Melon Mambo Cardstock or Calypso Coral Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”
- 4 pieces of Coordinationg Designer Series Paper – Cut 1 1/2” x 6”, then cut each piece diagonally. You’ll have 8 pieces when finished.
- Whisper White Cardstock – for Stitched Shapers (Circle & Oval)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” (after the DSP triangles are adhered – trim 1/8” off each side so the finished piece will be 5” x 3 3/4”)
- INK – Melon Mambo or Calypso Coral
- Enamel dots (or other bling.
- Ink: Melon Mambo And Calypso Coral
- Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies (butterfly)
- Abstract Impressions stamp set (Sentiment)
- Picture Perfect Birthday – (Stentiment)
- Snail Adhesive or Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stitched Shapes Framelits
I hope you enjoyed the butterflies this week and that you’ll check back next week for more card ideas!
If you need supplies, don’t forget you can always purchase them at my online Stampin’ Up Store by clicking the link below….and please use the Host Code when you are checking out.
2 thoughts on “Bursting with Butterflies”
Is there another piece of whisper white under the triangles of DSP? What are the dimensions of that piece?
Yes there is! Thanks for pointing that out. Cut the a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 5 1/4” x 4” and adhere the triangles, then trim to 5” x 3 3/4” by trimming off 1/8” off each side. It gives it a cleaner edge than just trimming off the excess paper.