Have you ever watched a butterfly in flight? They fly all over the place, making jerky movements in every direction seemingly out of control and then suddenly it looks like they are just floating in the wind, looking for a place to land. A couple of them landed on my cards…..so I’m back today to share another butterfly card. In yesterday’s post, I mentioned that due to the light (and because I’m taking the picture with my phone too!) the photograph makes the the cardstock look like Soft Sea Foam (and not Sky Blue)….so that gave me the idea of using that color and pairing it up with Night of Navy. What do you think?
I like the color combination. And if you fold up the butterfly’s wings a little and look underneath, you’ll see a few pretty colors on the other side! Did you know that butterflies fold their wings together for a purpose when they are perched?
Their ears are under their wings and face backwards and they fold them up so they can hear their enemies coming from behind! And I even put a little something on the inside of the card.
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” ; Score at 4 ¼”
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock – Cut two pieces 5 ¼” x 4” – Emboss one with Swiss Dots, other is for inside of card
- Night Of Navy Cardstock – Cut 1 ⅜” x 3 ⅞” – Emboss with Herringbone pattern
- Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut banner from Petals & More Framelits
- Varied Vases Stamp Set (for sentiment)
- Springtime Impressions Thinlits – for Butterfly and flowers
- Night of Navy ink pad
- Adhesive Pearls for flower centers and butterfly
- Night of Navy Twine for bow
- Snail Adhesive and Multipurpose Liquid glue
You can purchase any supplies you need by clicking on the link below and don’t forget to enter the host cost during check-out! Thanks for shopping with me!