Last week I said I was going to try and post a Mix It Up card — using old or retired products with new or current products, and I actually did it! I have made it to week #2! Woo-hoo!
For this week’s Mix It Up Monday, I decided to use a stamp set that I purchased right before it retired at the end of May just because I thought it looked like fun and it had birds on it, plus it had some cute sayings that were a little different from just the ordinary. But I haven’t used it yet until now. The stamp set is called Bird Banter.
I recently ordered the new Designer Series Paper called Tropical Escape. As soon as I opened the package and looked at the paper, I knew it would be a great match for this stamp set. The paper has lots of bright greens and pink and tropical leaves and flowers. I love the combination of these three colors – Blushing Bride, Shaded Spruce and especially the new Granny Apple Green. I think that is going to be one of my new favorite colors! (Sorry, Lemon Lime Twist.)
Here is my card….Don’t those birds look at home in all the tropical foliage? Almost looks like a little jungle.
This card is pretty simple to make. This is what you will need:
- Bird Banter Stamp Set
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”; Scored at 5 1/2”
- Blushing Bride Cardstock – Cut 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”; and a scrap piece for Layering Squares Framelits. Or cut a piece 3 1/4” x 3 1/4”)
- Tropical Escape 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock – scrap piece for Layering Square Framelits (or cut a piece 2 13/16” x 2 13/16”
- Whisper White Cardstock – scrap piece for Stitched Shapes Framelits (to stamp birds/sentiment) Or cut a piece 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”
- Stampin’ Blends – Daffodil Delight (Light & Dark) and Granny Apple Green (light & dark) (or you can do what I did and use an Aquapainter and Granny Apple Green ink because I haven’t bought the Stampin’ Blends in that color…..yet!)
- Ink: Granny Apple Green (sentiment) and Soft Suede (birds)
- Stampin’ Mini Dimensionals
- Petals & More Thinlits for the leafy branches
- Bird Banter Stamp Set
I hope you’ll try combing these two products together and I’d love to see what you make!
If you need supplies, please click on the link below and purchase what you need to make your own card! And please use the July Host Code (S3R99UA6) when checking out!