I am still on vacation, but this time I’m in Pawtucket, Rhode Island celebrating the Fourth of July holiday. Did you know that Bristol, Rhode Island has the oldest Fourth of July Parade in the Nation? This year was the 233rd year for the parade! (We actually watched in on TV as you had to be there before 6am to claim a spot on the parade route…and well, we were just NOT getting up that early)
I’m still a little obsessed over the Petal Palette Stamp Set and the matching Petals and More Thinlits Dies. I’ve been seeing cards that have been using a tone-on-tone look using the Springtime Expressions Framelits (that I don’t have yet!). But then I realized that there was something similar in Petals & More Thinlits Dies ….only on a much smaller scale.
Do you see the little set of flowers in the upper right corner of the Petals and More Thinlits?…..Much smaller than the flowers in the Springtime Expressions Thinlits, but still a good possibility. So I used my Big Shot and cut out one….but it didn’t seem like enough (it is small) so I ran it through again to get another one. It would have looked great if I could have used them in the two bottom corners, but one would have been flipped the wrong way….so I decided on opposite corners instead. But it still needed a little something, so I added some of the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper. This is the final product.
I realized that I need to go back and make another card, because I didn’t quite get the same “triangle” space on the cards….but hopefully when you make yours, you’ll get it right.
These are the supplies that you’ll need:
- Artistic Impressions Stamp Set (for sentiment)
- Crushed Curry Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4“ x 11”; Scored at 5 1/2”; Plus 2 scrap pieces for flowers\
- Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper: Cut 4” x 5 1/4”. I then used the trimmer and placed the left top corner of the paper on the 1” mark and the bottom left corner on the 2” mark…and then flipped it and did the same for the other side.
- Scrap of Whisper White Cardstock (for stamping)
- Night of Navy Ink Pad
- Petals and More Thinlits dies
- Stitched Shapes Framelits (the largest square)
- Snail Adhesive and Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Glitter Enamel Dots (or your choice of embellishments)
Are you missing supplies to make this card? Click on the link below for my online store and purchase what you need. And please don’t forget to use the Hostess Code found in the sidebar when prompted!