I’m on vacation….at my annual Reinig family reunion in Deerfield, Wisconsin….just about an hour from Milwaukee. If you’d like a Mini-Tour of Milwaukee, check out my personal blog about our trip last year) I couldn’t resist sharing a card I made before I left to give to the oldest member of my extended family Loraine who is 94 years young! I’m really into genealogy and tracing my family’s roots, so it’s always fun to see and talk to her in person and “pick her brain” for all the family tidbits…..like the previously unproven story that a family member was run over by a train (Turned out to be true!….I was able to find the newspaper article and share it with her). She likes to correspond and over past few years has sent me cards….so now that I am making my own, I’m trying to be faithful in sending her a card every month. Here is the card:
The paper does all the work in making it beautiful and it took me just minutes to make. This is what you’ll need:
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”; Scored at 5 1/2”
- Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”; plus a small strip 1/4” x 4” (for bottom inside of card)
- Scrap of Calypso Coral Cardstock (for the scalloped oval)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4” (for inside); plus a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock (for the Stitched Oval)
- Shaded Spruce Ink Pad
- Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Layering Ovals Framelits
- Snail Adhesive and Mini Glue Dots
- Calypso Coral Ribbon: piece about 12” (6” to wrap around) and another 6” for bow
Are you missing supplies to make this card? Click on the link below for my online store and purchase what you need. And please don’t forget to use the Hostess Code found in the sidebar when prompted!
I’ve been searching my suitcase for the card…and realized I must have left it at home! Guess it’s going in the mail as soon as I get back!