I am not a gardener. I kill plants all the time. It’s a bad habit I just can’t seem to break. My wonderful mother-in-law could make anything grow…even my dead plants. She would give me plants, I would take them home and when they were about to take their last flowery breath, I would give them back and my Mother-in-law would bring them back to life and then return it to me. It was an endless cycle. So instead I console myself with lots of flowery paper! A few days ago, I shared a card made with the new Garden Impressions Designer Series paper. You can read about that that here.
Today, I am back with 4 more cards.
All the same design, but all using different papers from the Garden Impressions Designer Series set. This is not my card design, but I CASE’d it from this Klompen Stampers video. This is the original card I made using the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper after watching the video.
Can you see what a big difference there is just by changing the paper colors? Here are the cards side by side.
This is what the card looks like from the side. You can see that the banner “arm” is not attached to the front of the card, but swings open, so that the recipient can flip up the front flap of the card to read the message. And this is how the band “Arm” attaches to the back of the card. One of the reasons I love Stampin’ Up! papers is because they coordinate their designer series papers and their cardstock. It’s kind of like “Garanimals” for cards. Everything is made to match. It’s really easy to figure out what colors go together….Stampin’ Up! has already done it for you. In the catalog (and on online) just read the description of the papers to find the matching colors. Click HERE to see the coordinating colors for the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper. Now you can choose cardstock, ribbons and embellishments that all match your paper! Easy-Peasy!
Lets get one more close up of all the cards.
These are the supplies you’ll need to make this card:
- A piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) – Cut 3” x 5 1/2” (card front)
- Two strips of coordinating DSP – Cut 1/4” x 5 1/2” (flip your DSP over – because the paper is double-sided, many times the back side coordinates with the front side)
- Coordinating Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” (card back); Scrap piece to cut Scalloped Circle and a piece for the band – Cut 1” x 5 1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3” x 11” ; scored at 5 1/2”, and a scrap piece to cut a the Circle to stamp your sentiment
- Layering Circles Framelits Dies for Circle and Scalloped Circle
- Snail Adhesive
- Ink Color that matches either DSP or Cardstock
- Love What You Do Stamp set (for sentiment) or choose your favorite!)
Are you missing a needed ingredient to make this card? Just hop into my online store by clicking the link below and purchase what you need. (Or click on the shopping cart in the side bar)
Have fun experimenting! How many combinations can you make?
2 thoughts on “My Cards are Bloomin’!”
Great photos of your cards – plus great cards!
It was hard trying to find a spot in my house to take decent pictures….so our deck seemed like a good sunny spot….don’t know what I’m going to do in the winter.