Today is Father’s Day and that calls for a manly card….no flowers, no frills, no ribbons and bows or lacy doilies. So what stamp set did I choose for my manly card? Bubble Over. Hmmm…..doesn’t sound too manly, but don’t think soap bubbles….think alcoholic beverage bubbles…a beer!
Let’s take a look at what this stamp set looks like. And also the matching Framelits dies called Bottles and Bubbles. Yes, you can use the Framelits to cut out bottles, bottle caps, labels and even straws.
So why am I giving my husband a card? he is not MY father (unfortunately my Dad passed away a few years ago). But my husband is the father of our two beautiful daughters. When our daughter’s were born and growing up, their Dad was serving in the U.S. Navy and that meant 6-9 month sea duty tours and lots and lots of time away from home. He never failed to send them postcards and letters and brought them silly gifts from all around the world. They loved it, but they missed him. The best part was when he came home. Most Saturdays he would take our girls and do fun things….every museums within a 50 mile radius, the zoo, ferry rides, to see fudge being made, parades …they had a blast. He was wonderful! They could tell him anything (and still do). I couldn’t have asked for a better father for our daughters. So to celebrate, let’s pop a bottle cap and toast to Dad!
If you’d like to make a card for your Father, you will need the following supplies”
- Bubble Over Stamp Set
- Bubbles and Bottles Framelit Die
- Bermuda Bay Ink Pad
- Whisper White Cardstock: Cut 5 1/2” x 4” (for Front Panel) and a strip 3/4” x 3 3/4” for banner
- Basic Gray Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11””; Strip scrap for sentiment
- Calypso Coral Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4” and a strip 1” x 4”for banner
- Bubbles and Fizz Designer Series Paper – cut 2 matching patterns of your choice. (If you don’t have this paper which was available this spring as part of “Sale-a ration”, you can choose any paper of your choice. – one piece 3 3/4” x 2 3/4” (top) and one piece 3 3/4” x 2 1/4” (bottom)
- Basic Gray Shimmer Ribbon (cut a small piece and wrap it around the card covering where the two DSP papers meet back and attach to the back of the card with tape or snail adhesive
- Snail Adhesive
- Triple Banner Punch
If you need supplies for this card, click on the link below for my online Stampin’ Store or click on the shopping cart in the sidebar on the right. And don’t forget to add the Host Code found in the side bar when prompted!
Happy Father’s Day!