Good Morning! It’s time for a fabulous week of stamping and making fun cards! This week I am focusing on the the fun and “hip” Hippest Hippos Stamp Set and the coordinating Hippo Dies that you can get for FREE! Who loves FREE Stampin’ Up products besides me? First let me show the the fun card I made during my Therapy Thursday Facebook Live on July 15th (It actually happened on a Friday last week as I was out in the fresh air at a Norfolk Tides Baseball Game on Thursday night.)
This is a Fun Fold card called a Hidden Gate Fold Card. Looking at the front of the card, it looks like any ordinary card, until you lift up the top flap and find a “gate on the inside.
that opens up to the real inside of the card!
I wanted my card to be bright and colorful, so I used the Butterfly Kisses Designer Series Paper that is in the Annual Catalog.
I chose three coordinating patterns to use on my card, all are on the bottom row in the picture above (Diagonal Stripes, Multicolored mini hearts and Starry Sky Triangles). I also love bright blue and green, so I used Starry Sky Cardstock for the base of my card and accented it with Parakeet Party Cardstock. Of course the “Ballerina” Hippo needed to be spotlighted so I placed her on a Parakeet Party Circle die cut from the Stylish Shapes Dies, and had her dancing on her own little stage – which is the “wash tub” die cut with the handles cut off.
To make her little tutu skirt match the card, I stamped just the skirt part of that stamp on a scrap of the striped paper and used my Paper Snips to cut right next to the stamped line. Then I just adheres it with glue. I also used a scrap of the same paper to die cut her little umbrella.
Want to try this card? These are eh supplies you will need:
- Hippest Hippo Stamp Set and Hippo Dies
- Stylish Shapes Dies (2 circles)
- Starry Sky Cardstock – 8 1/2” x 11” – Score on the LONG side at 5 1/2”. Score on the SHORT side at 2 1/8” on both sides. (Score the left side, then turn the paper 180 degrees and score at 2 1/8” again). With the paper in the portrait position, Cut away the two rectangles on either side. The bottom two rectangles will fold in to form the gate, the top center piece will fold down to be the front of the card.
- Parakeet Party Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”, Cut 4” x 2”, and cut 3 1/4 x 3 1/4” (die cut 3” circle), Scrap for two flowers
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”, Scrap for 1 1/4” circle and to stamp images
- Butterfly Kisses Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 3/4” x 5” (dark pattern), Cut 3 3/4” x 1 3/5” (multicolor heart shapes) and Cut 2 pieces 1 7/8” x 5 1/4”, plus a strip Cut 4” x 1/4” and scraps for umbrella and tutu skirt (striped pattern)
- Ink: Starry Sky
- Stampin’ Blends Markers – Gray Granite, Petal Pink, and Calypso Coral
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Color with Stampin’ Blends – Starry Sky & Parakeet Party
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals
If you need a little help with this card, check out the video at the very end of this post. Or you can also view it on my YouTube channel here: Hippest Hippos Hidden Gate Fold Card
And here’s a little hint for you…..I accidently started the video almost 10 minutes early, so if you don’t want a preview of the July-Dec Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Catalog, then skip to about the 10 minute mark! (I’ve really got to learn how to edit my videos!)
NEW KIT! – BEST REMEDY
If you like all inclusive kits, you’ll love this new kit called Best Remedy. All the supplies that you need are included in this Kit that makes 9 cards with coordinating envelopes, (3 each of 3 designs) or use the elements in the kit to create your own card designs! How stinkin’ cute is this fun stamp set that is included in the kit.
The coordinating colors in this kit are: Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Polished Pink and Starry Sky. You can purchase this kit here: BEST REMEDY KIT Get yours before they are gone!
It’s that time of year again! Time to Sale-A-Brate and earn FREE Stampin’ Up Products! For each $50 product purchase (not including shipping/tax), you can choose a FREE item from the July-August Sale-A-Bration Catalog! Check out the catalog here: July-Aug 2022 SAB Catalog. There are also items in the catalog that you can choose FREE for a $100 purchase. There is no limit to how many Sale-A-Bration products you can earn! Items in the catalog are available only while supplies last! So get shopping! This offer ends August 30th!
NEW! STARTER KIT PROMOTION
Is your wish list for the new July-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog is bigger than your wallet will allow? Now is the perfect time to think about purchasing the Stampin’ Up Starter kit! If you purchase your kit July 1-August 30, Stampin’ Up is giving away a fantastic planner and stamp set (a $45 value) in addition to the regular starter kit offering. If your wish list is more than $99, then I highly encourage you to get the starter kit instead of placing a regular order. This is what you will receive:
- $125 of Stampin’ Up products of your choice – can be from the new July-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog, the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, or the Clearance Rack!
- A Planner Bundle Package that includes a beautilful soft cover planner, 18 month calendar (July 2022-December 202)3, a stamp set and lots of planning pages to help you set goals, lists and more!
- DISCOUNT! 20% off your Stampin’ Up product purchases1
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE Shipping
Plus you get to be a part of an amazing community of crafters, (including my Card Corner Crew team) who enjoy sharing what they love, plus you get early access to new products and exclusive access to training events with no selling or doing classes required! Hobby Demonstrators are welcome! Purchase for yourself And there is no obligation, you can resign as a Demonstator at any time. But why would you want to give up your 20% off discount??
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my July Host Code: WFFW9QY9 when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for July is Real Read & Garden Green 3/8″ Ribbon Combo Pack! (Please note: Substitutions may be made if item is not available).
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you need help placing an order, please contact me by using tab the top of this blog post and I will be glad to assist you or place the order for you!
These are the products used for today’s project. If you need more specific information about the products, you can check them out by clicking on the product image below. And don’t forget to use the JULY HOST CODE: WFFW9QY9 when prompted during check-out.