I am not usually a real flower lover – at least not in real life unless they are outdoors and blooming in my flowerbeds making my yard look pretty. I’ve found a few that I haven’t killed and that keep coming back without me paying them any attention. I don’t cut and bring the blooms into the house (allergies), so there are never flowers in a vase sitting prettily on a tabletop.
So if I want a substitute the next best thing is to stamp them onto the front of a card…like these:
Flowers in a jar! Bottled Happiness! And yes, that is the name of the stamp set for these beauties. And if you purchase the Bottled Happiness Bundle, you can also have the Vintage Bottle Punch too (and save 10% by purchasing the stamp set and punch as a bundle)
I also used two of the new In-Colors on this card – Orchid Oasis and Parakeet Party. I used the inks, cardstock and a piece of this – the 2022-2024 In Color Designer Series Paper. This pack of Designer Series Paper contains 40 sheets – 4 each of double sided designs in 5 colors, making it easy to coordinate this paper with other Stampin’ Up! products.
I also used the Gingham Embossing Folder to give the front a little texture. Embossing folders can really make a difference on a card and it’s such a simple technique to use.
And yes! I used my mad fussy cutting skills to cut around the flowers that I stamped, I wanted them to show up a bit more….so I got out my Paper Snips and cut away so I could pop those flowers up on dimensionals.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Bottled Happiness Bundle (Bottled Happiness Stamps + Vintage Bottle Punch)
- Gingham Embossing Folder
- Happiness Abounds Stamp Set (Sentiment)
- Orchid Oasis Cardstock – Cut 4 ¼” x 11”, Score and fold at 5 ½”
- Parakeet Party Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 ¼”
- 2022-2024 In Color Designer Series Paper – Cut 1 ½” x 5 ⅛”, p
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”, Cut 3 ⅞” x 5 ⅛”, plus scraps for sentiment tag (3” x ½”), the bottle and flowers
- Ink: Parakeet Party, Orchid Oasis
- 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots
- 2022-2024 In Color Twine
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Since this card only used a small piece from the 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, why not put a piece on the flap of the envelope? Just Cut a strip 2 1/2″ x 6″, adhere to the envelope flap and then use Paper Snips to cut off the excess. Now you have pretty happy mail!
Now that’s my kind of flowers in a vase! (oops! bottle!)
JUNE 2022 PAPER PUMPKIN – PICK OF THE CROP
Nothing is better than a trip to the local Farmer’s Market to get fresh produce….except maybe when you can get a fresh new Paper Pumpkin Kit filled with fresh ideas, designs, cards and crafts delivered right to your mailbox!
The June Pick of the Crop Paper Pumpkin kits includes:
- All the supplies you need (cardbases, die cuts, etc) to create nine cards, 3 each of 3 designs, with coordinating envelopes.
- A Calypso Coral Stampin’ Spot
- A cute market-themed stamp set with sentiments that say “Love you a whole bunch”, You’re the pick of the crop”, You’re the sweetest” and more!
- Paper pieces and embellishments that you can mix & match, plus specialty vellum pieces to add a fresh touch to your cards
- A Mini Shopping Bag (5-3/8″ x 6″) which can hold several cards for gift giving! And you can stamp on it too! (Additional bags will be available to purchase separately on June 13th.)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Soft Succulent
The deadline to order the June Paper Pumpkin Kit is June 10th! You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin HERE.
In Color Starter Kit Promotion
Is your wish list for the new catalog (and new IN-COLORS) bigger than your wallet will allow? Now is the perfect time to think about purchasing the Stampin’ Up Starter kit! If you purchase your kit May 3-May 31, Stampin’ Up is giving away 4 amazing In Color products (worth $66.50!) in addition to the regular starter kit offering. If your wish list is more than $99, then I highly encourage you to get the starter kit instead of placing a regular order. This is what you will receive:
- $125 of Stampin’ Up products of your choice – can be from the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog or the Clearance Rack!
- $66.50 worth of 2022-2024 I”n Color products:
- In Color Grid Paper
- 5 In Color Ink Pads – one of each of the new colors
- Package of In Color Cardstock Assortment
- Package of In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper
- DISCOUNT! 20% off your Stampin’ Up product purchases1
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE Shipping
Plus you get to be a part of an amazing community of crafters, (including my Card Corner Crew team) who enjoy sharing what they love, plus you get early access to new products and exclusive access to training events with no selling or doing classes required!
Here are a few things to think about:
- There is no obligation to sell products, have home parties, or hold classes. Hobby demonstrators are welcome. Purchase for yourself! (Or buy some kits for friends, they make great gifts!)
- Joining Stampin’ Up is like joining a club full of crafters…thousands of crafters, all over the world! It’s a great way to make new friends and get new crafting ideas.
- Yes, there is a $300 quarterly purchase minimum. But don’t stress over meeting that. If you don’t, you can drop and then sign back up whenever you want, or wait until the next sign-up offer comes along. In the meantime enjoy the 20% discount on all your purchases! Your quarter starts with the first full quarter, so if you sign up in May, you have until September to meet the $300 minimum.
Questions? Please ask! I’d love to answer any questions and/or have you join my team!
This promotion ends May 31st! Don’t miss out! Join today!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for May is a package of the new 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots!
If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
These are the products used for today’s project. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! site where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ when prompted!