Today I am sharing a Thank You card that I made for my daughter several months ago when she and her fiancé held an engagement party and house warming…..actually 40 Thank You cards! I’m super proud of how they turned out. They were married earlier this week on the beach in Key West, Florida. So of course, the card needed to be beach themed too. I actually CASE’d (Copy and Share Everywhere) this card by Margaret Spencer that I made at one of her classes.
And this is my version after adding a sentiment and some Balmy Blue cardstock as a layer. This was the closest color to “Carolina Blue” that I could find…..my new son-in-law attended the University of North Carolina and it is a beachy color too!
What made this project possible is this….a stamperatus! This handy dandy tool is great for when you want to stamp a lot of the same thing on multiple cards as once you have everything lined up the way you want it, everything will be stamped in the same spot on each card. You attach your stamps to the clear plates. Then place your paper on the gridded platform and place the magnets….which conveniently store on the back…to hold it in place while you stamp. I could keep explaining, but you can watch a video on how it works HERE.
This was my first time mass producing cards, so I have a few hints for you
- Use a stamperatus to stamp your cards. Once you position your stamp in the correct place, it’s just a matter of replacing the paper and re-inking your stamp. I stamped the “Thank You” on all 40 cards in less than 10 minutes. I also used this method to stamp my logo/and angel policy stamp on the back.
- Use adhesive sheets when die cutting anything that has a lot of small holes (like the net!). Place a sheet of Whisper White cardstock on the adhesive sheet, do your die cuts and you’re ready! Now it’s like a sticker, so all you have to doo is peal off the back and adhere it to your card! So much easier (and less messy) than multipurpose glue and no getting glue all over your fingers! Ask me how I know this!
- Choose how you cut your cardstock wisely! You can cut 10 nets out of a piece of 8 1/2” x 11” cardstock if you make one cut 3 3/4” x 11” (makes 4) and then turn the paper and cut into 3 pieces (you’ll get 2 out of each piece)
- Use glue dots for everything else (on this card anyway!. I used a glue dot to hold the the twine in place as well as adhere the sand dollars. Again, easier and less messy than glue. Or if I had thought before I cut these all out….use adhesive sheets for these too!
So are you wondering yet where I got the net and the sand dollars? From the Under the Sea Framelit Dies. These Framelits go with the Sea of Textures stamp set. Interesting thing is that there is no stamp for a sand dollar, but there is a Framelit. The “Thank You” sentiment came from the Abstract Imp
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Under the Sea Framelit Dies
- Abstract Impressions (for Thank You sentiment….or use your favorite)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; Scored at 4 1/4”
- Balmy Blue Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5” x 3 3/4”
- Scrap pieces of Whisper White cardstock for the two sand dollars and net
- Ink – Balmy Blue
- 5/8” Burlap Ribbon
- Metallic Pearls (Gold)
- Glue Dots
- Adhesive sheets
- Snail Adhesive
Now….I need to go back to that beach…or a pool….to relax for one last day before heading home.
LET’S GO SHOPPING! Click on the image below (or the shopping card image in the sidebar) and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up! shopping site. If you don’t already have a demonstrator….I would love to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator when you are checking out with all your fabulous Stampin’ Up! items! Can’t decide what to choose? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the perfect items for your project. If your order is less than $150, please use the HOST CODE listed below and I will send you a small thank you gift for ordering with me. If your order is more than $150….DO NOT use the Host Code as you will receive your own Stampin’ Rewards with your order
Would you like to save 20%-25% on all your Stampin’ Up products? That is just one of the many perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator! And who doesn’t like to save money? Plus there is more! If you join before March 31st, you’ll also get lots of FREE products! Pay just $99 and you’ll receive $175 worth of your choice of fabulous Stampin’ UP! products!! AND you will get free shipping too! Check out my JOIN MY TEAM page for more information.