Almost a year ago I became a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and when I first started, I was just having fun making cards….but Stampin’ Up is so much more than that….you can DO so much more than just making cards. Basically just about anything you can make with paper, you can do with Stampin’ Up products….treat boxes, gift bags, tags, gift holders, treat bag toppers and even home decor projects like the one I am going to share with you today.
This is my first time trying a sampler and although it took 2 days of trying to decide on colors and the content of each square besides trying to figure out sizes, it was totally worth the effort to get the final result. But that could be because I decided to just stop and just be happy that it was done!
I chose to do shades of blue: Night of Navy, Pacific Point and Soft Sky) plus a pale green (Soft Sea Foam). And images that represented events in each month – Snowmen for January, a heart for February and birds and butterflies with green leaves for March and the promise of warmer weather!
I used both new stamp sets, Retired and Newly Retired stamp sets and stamp sets that have been around for a little bit. And I even had to resort to a non SU stamp/die set because although Stampin’ Up had a Snowflake dies, I don’t own it! But the fun thing about Samplers is that if you don’t have one of the stamp sets I used, it would be easy to substitute something similar that you might have in your craft stash.
Here are some basics regarding the Sampler:
- Finished Size: 12″ x 12″ (Mat sizes: Base: 12″ x 12″, 1st Layer: 11″ x 11″)
- Finished Size of each Square: 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (Base 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, 1st Layer: 3 1/8 x 3 1/8″ and 2nd Layer: 3″ x 3″
- Frame: I used a 12″x 12″ white Shadow Box frame purchased at Michael’s. It has multiple level options so that the future Seasonal Samplers that I haven’t done….yet…. (Spring, Summer and Fall) will fit behind the Sampler that is being displayed. So you only need one frame and have a safe place to store the other Seasonal Samplers so they won’t be damaged. Plus you will always know where they are, so it will be easy to switch them out! This is the Link to the Frame I purchased.
I’ll share the future Spring, Summer and Fall Samplers right here on this blog in the next few months, but in the meantime, I’m going to go and explore new ways to use my stamps and share those ideas here….along with more cards too! If you don’t want to miss anything, make sure you follow my blog by clicking on the “Follow” button in the sidebar.
If you have any questions….please leave a comment below and I’ll get right back to you!
Do you spend at least $34 a month purchasing Stampin’ Up products? Do you plan to spend $34.00 a month for the next three months? If you answered yes…or even maybe….then I have a great deal for you that will save you money….and get you free products! During Sale-A-Bration (January 3-March 31) if you sign up to join as a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, you can purchase one of two starter bundles:
- Starter Bundle #1 – Pay $99 and get $175 worth of products – that’s $76 worth FREE! Plus FREE SHIPPING! (at least a $10 value), plus you’ll receive a Paper Pumpkin kit ($20 value!)
- Starter Bundle #2 – Pay $129 and get everything in Option #1 ($175 worth of products + FREE shipping and the Paper Pumpkin kit) and get a Craft & Cary Tote ($50 value for only $30!)
There are lots of perks to joining….like a 20% savings on future purchases and more! Check out my JOIN MY TEAM page for more information! Or Click here to JOIN THE FUN! And don’t forget to choose me as your Demonstrator so you’ll be on my team!
The new Occasions Catalog is out….and Sale-A-Bration has begun! Lots of new stamp sets and papers, ribbons….so much goodness packed into this catalog. And Sale-A-Bration means that for every $50 you spend, you can get FREE stuff!! The Sale-A-Bration catalog has stamp sets, ribbons, papers, embellishments, card kits, and even Framelit Dies! If you don’t have a 2019 Occasions catalog or Sale-a-Bration catalog and would like one, just go HERE to my Catalog Page and request one. I’ll mail it right out. Or click the links to see the 2019 Occasions Catalog or the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Catalog
ARE YOU READY TO SHOP? If you need supplies – paper, inks, ribbons, stamp sets and more…..or would like to join as a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, then please click below and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up online store. I would love to be your Demonstrator and help you to create! Just choose me as your demonstrator when prompted. Not sure how to start? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the right products for the cards or projects you’d like to make and even place your order for you! And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: WM9D7EFU when checking out if your order is less than $150 and I will send you a small thank-you gift! If your order is over $150, do NOT use the host code as you will get your own stampin’ rewards (minimum of $15).