Welcome to another Mix-It-Up Monday! Today I am mixing up the NEW Country Home Stamp Set with the the OLD Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper. I’m not sure that this paper is technically OLD because it’s still available but only in the Clearance Rack on the Stampin’ Up website, so it’s only available while supplies last. That is good news for you because if you act quickly that means you can get a pack of this paper at the reduced cost of $5.20! (The regular price was $13.00)
The NEW stamp set, Country Home, is in the Holiday Catalog that will be available starting September 5th!….just a few days away! Also in this new catalog is a new Buffalo Check background stamp that is perfect for using with this stamp set…it can give it a more “country” feel. But here’s the exciting part….you can have your own checkered paper and it’s shiny and gold too! Because it comes in the OLD Year of Cheer pack of paper. See how great it looks in this card??
And because the checked paper is shiny, I added a Wink of Stella to the flowers to make them shiny too!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Country Home Stamp Set
- Petals & More Thinlit dies (“Lacey” cutout)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ ; Scored at 4 1/4″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut at 5 3/8” x 4 1/8
- Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 2 7/8”
- Rich Razzleberry Cardstock – Cut 4” x 3/4”
- Stamping Blends: Rich Razzleberry & Daffodil Delight for flowers, Old Olive for leaves, Cajun Craze for small berries, Crumb Cake for pitcher, and a white paint pen for the cotton.
- Wink of Stella for flowers
- A white paint marker (non- SU product)
- Piece of twine for the bow.
- Ink: Soft Suede (to stamp image)
Hope you’ll grab a pack of this paper before it’s gone…..It’s a great pack of paper to have now as besides the checked print, there is also a paper with bronze leaves (think fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving) and one with snowflakes (winter & Christmas are coming soon!)….just perfect for making seasonal cards! (I wrote more about this paper back in July. You can read that post HERE.
If you need supplies to make this card, Click on the link below for my online Stampin’ Up store and remember to check the Clearance Rack! There are some great buys! Can’t find what you’re looking for? I’d be glad to help you place an order, just contact me!
If you made a $50 purchase during the month of August, you should have received an email with your $5.00 off coupon code. Don’t forget that you need to use your coupon by September 30!
The New Holiday Catalog will launch on Wednesday, Sept 5th! There are LOTS of great new Holiday stamps sets, papers, new embellishments, and more for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas…..you’re going to love it! Do you need a catalog? Contact me and I’ll send one out to you!
1 thought on “Mix-It-Up Monday – Buffalo Checks Anyone?”