While I would love to just pretend I won the lottery so I could buy all the new stamps and papers and ribbons and markers and every new color of cardstock in the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! catalog, let’s just come to grips with reality and say “it ain’t gonna happen”. But…I did purchase a few things….and now I am trying to mix and match the new with the old. And let’s face it, there are several stamp sets that I just LOVE that were in the 2018 Occasions Catalog that also happened to carry over to this year like the Petal Palette Stamp set and the matching Petals and More Thinlits Dies. So I pulled those out to see what I could make using those plus some scraps from the 2018-2020 In-Color 6×6 Designer Series Paper that I used for the cards in my last post. Gotta use those Polka Dots!
After a little bit of fiddling around and figuring out sizes from a picture of a card I saw on Pinterest (not sure who the creator is, so if anyone knows, let me know and I’ll give them credit). This is what I came up with…
But I decided that the I wanted something a little brighter…the black card background just wasn’t doing it for me….so bring on the bright Pineapple Punch!….and instead using black cardstock, I paired it with Old Olive.
And because the NEW colors of Stampin’ Blends are still on backorder, I used the OLD colors of Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Old Olive to color in the flowers I stamped and for the sentiment. The hello sentiment is from the NEW stamp set Varied Vases and the Just A Note sentiment is from the OLD Soft Sayings Card Kit….again mixing the old and the new. And there is one more mixing of the old and the new….did you see it? It’s the small piece of ribbon that’s in the middle of the card. The first card is using the NEW Grapefruit Grove 1/8” inch Grosgrain ribbon and the other card is using an OLD 1/4” Old Olive Scallop Dots ribbon.
And I know you didn’t see it because I almost forgot to show you….but there is a small flower inside on the bottom right hand corner of the card.
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Petal Palette Stamp Set and matching Petals and More Thinlits Dies
- Ink: Memento Black and Old Olive
- Other: Snail Adhesive, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (for flowers on front); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (for the lattice)
- 2018-2020 In Color 6×6 Designer Series Paper – Cut 4” x 2 5/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4“ x 4” – cut 2, one for the inside, the other for the outside; Also cut 1 piece 3” x 4”.
- Black Cardstock/Old Olive Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; scored at 4 1/4”
- Grapefruit Grove/Pineapple Punch Cardstock – Cut 2 5/8” x 4”
- Stampin’ Blends Markers: Old Olive (Dark & Light), Daffodil Delight (Dark & Light) and Calypso Coral (Dark & Light)
If you need supplies to make this card, click on the link below and please use the host code found in the sidebar when prompted!
Here is one more look at the cards. What is the OLD and NEW that you would like to pair together?