If you’ve been following me this week, you might have noticed that I am still stuck on making cards with butterflies….could be because I got just a tiny bit obsessed when I was cutting them out…..all the paper looked so pretty and every time I picked up another piece my brain was saying….oooohhh wonder what this one would look like! So I ended up with a little pile.
I’m not going to show you all the cards I made, but today it’s a two for one special! I used the same Garden Impressions Designer Series Papers for both cards, but just cut it different and used different embellishments…just mixed them up a bit so you can see how different cards can look by just switching things around.
For the card below I cut out the butterfly from the background paper using the Springtime Expressions Thinlits.
And then it just flew right over and landed on this card.
And so you don’t have to go back and look at my previous posts, the stamp set used for the sentiment (on one card!) is called Abstract Impressions and the butterfly is part of the coordinating die set called Springtime Impressions.
I love the 3-D effect that you get when you fold up the wings a bit instead of them being laid flat on the paper. It just makes it feel a special. And there is a little bit of co-ordinating paper underneath too! When you put this card into an envelope, the wings fit right in to the cut-out so it’s flat for mailing.
If you’d like to make these cards, this is what you’ll need:
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock cut 4 1/4” x 11” ; Scored at 5 1/2”
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”
- Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 3/4” x 5” and another coordinating piece cut 1 1/4” x 5”
- Ribbon – 3/8” Calypso Coral Shimmer Ribbon, topped with a piece of 1/8” Shaded Spruce Metallic Ribbon
- Sentiment – Abstract Impressions Stamp Set
- Whipser White thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Scored at 4 1/4”
- Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Calypso Coral Cardstock – Cut 1” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3/4” x 4”
- Green Twine or ribbon
- Clear Adhesive Dots
- Sentiment – Soft Sayings kit
Did I forget to tell you? Did you know that you can use Stampin’ Blends markers to color the adhesive dots, rhinestones and even pearls and make them any color you want? In this case, I used the dark Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends and some random clear dots I found at a local craft store. It takes just a few seconds to color it and it dries in a flash.
If you need supplies to make your cards, please click on the link below for my online Stampin’ Up store. And don’t forget to use this month’s Host Code when making your purchase! If you order $50 or more, I have a special thank you gift just for you!